Friday, December 2, 2011

Return of the Bingey Monster

Remember how I posted a few hours ago that I was a full week without binging?

Well, now I'm sitting at work.  The clock has been moving backwards for the past 2 hours.  I'm bored and angsty.  I just want to run out of here and get home.  But I'm also hungry, so I want to eat, but I don't want to binge.  This requires a very strategic move.  I need to make sure I enter Port Authority at 42nd St or 40th St (not 41st St) so that I avoid the flavorful aromas wafting my way from the Auntie Anne's stand.  I then need to walk to the left and avoid the delicious scents floating out of Cinnabon and Mrs. Fields.  Once I get on the bus, I'll be okay.  Then I can have a handful of almonds before the boyfriend comes over for dinner.  Or I can stop for a latte to take the edge off so I'm less prone to find myself in any of those stores.

What's the point of this post?  Only to make it public that I am not going to stop for a sugary pretzel, sweet, sweet cookie, or a gigantic bun of sugar and cinnamon glaze.  I will be 8 days binge free tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment